Monday, August 12, 2013

Home Again

Hi Everyone!

You're probably thinking, "hasn't Fae been home for three months now? Why's she updating her blog now?" and that's a valid question. I've been home since May 1st, and haven't touched my blog or uploaded any of the many remaining photos I have of Senegal. I just needed a bit of a break, but I'm back!

Arriving back in the US after 26 hours of traveling

Happy to be home!

Being home has been wonderful. It's been great to see my family and friends, enjoy luxuries like hot showers and comfy beds, and get back in the swing of things. The transition hasn't been the easiest period of time for me, but I am happy to be home.

I've talked to my family in Senegal a few times since leaving. Two days ago was the holiday Korite, marking the end of Ramadan. I called them that morning to greet them and wish them a happy holiday. My host mother said that they missed me helping cut the onions and potatoes haha. Typical Diaw family. When I call, they always give the phone over to my sister Seyni to say hi. Out of everyone, I definitely miss my little sisters the most.

Dad with Maam Rama

Seyni and Maam Rama

"Other" Dad with Maam Rama :)
Bassine

Maguette, Maam Rama and Seyni

I've been living in Cape May since I arrived home and I've been working at a beach bar/restaurant. It's definitely a different pace than Senegal, and it's been awesome to unwind, work and spend time catching up with friends and family.

I'm still entirely sure what my next steps will be, but I'm happy to be home and thankful for all of the love and support I received both while I was away and since I've been back.

This may be the official end of my blog, unless I get a new international job and want to keep you all updated... but I don't Liz Patton would be too happy about that :)

In any case, here's a look at some of what's been going on since I arrived home...

Kyle and Fae's 25th Birthday
Crazy Robinson ladies :)

CMP 4th of July

Glassboro Ultimate Frisbee- Next Generation
Silly Frisbee kiddos
Taylor in CMP
Molly & Emma at the beach


Senegal reunion in NYC

Team Djolof in NYC
AU friends in CMP

Four Pattons

Meridith's Bridal Shower

I got some wheels!

Again, thank you to everyone for your love. I couldn't have gotten through my Peace Corps service without you. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment